Neck Stretching Exercises to Relieve Pain After Travel
Have you just returned from a vacation, and experiencing pain or stiffness in your neck? This occurs more often than people realize. However, the good news is that there are neck stretching exercises that you can do to alleviate the pain and prevent the problem from getting worse. You should consult a reputed chiropractor from a well-known family chiropractic health center in Santa Rosa to find out what type of exercises are best for the pain and discomfort you are suffering from.
Best Neck Stretching Exercises to Ease Pain After Traveling
Here is a look at a few stretches that are approved by chiropractors to relieve neck pain and tension after traveling.
1. Kneeling Neck Release: This stretching exercise helps to release the lower back, quadriceps, and the back and sides of the neck.
- First, kneel down on the floor with your thighs together in a table top position. Walk your hands back towards your knees and sit on your heels by lowering your hips back. Lift your chest to an upright position until you feel a stretch in your quadriceps.
- Next, take your right arm behind your lower back, and get a grip of your right wrist with your left hand. Slowly lower your left ear towards your left shoulder while maintaining your head in a facing forward position. Feel the release on the right side of your neck. Make sure that you do not force it and allow gravity to do its work here. Hold the position for 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, roll your chin down towards your chest, and then roll your left ear back towards your left shoulder to take some half circles. Repeat for 15 seconds, bring your head up to center, and allow everything to go. Then, switch to the other side.
Tip: If you feel uncomfortable kneeling back on your heels, simply sit upright in a chair.
2. Side Neck Release: This is a simple stretching exercise that effectively relieves pain and tension in the neck.
- Stand up or sit straight with your nose pointed down towards one armpit. Next, place your hand on the same side you are looking towards, on the back of your head.
- Next, slowly take your other arm, and place it behind your back. This exercise will help in keeping that shoulder down and stretching your neck muscle on that side.
- Feel the stretch by gently pulling downwards with the hand that is behind your head. Hold the position for about 40 seconds, and then repeat on the other side.
Get Top-Notch Chiropractic Care in Santa Rosa
If you experience neck pain and tension after traveling, it is important to visit the top family chiropractic health center in Santa Rosa to get advice on neck stretching exercises that are chiropractor-approved. Toth Chiropractic is the best chiropractor to help relieve neck pain. For more information, connect with us at 707-526-1390.